Three-day seminar: Administrative Law for State Functionaries
Gain information, insights and tools for understanding administrative-law implications for public decision makers and confidently navigate everyday governance and related administrative decisions in state affairs. This three-day seminar offered by the Faculty of Law at Stellenbosch University will help participants understand administrative-law considerations that courts expect them and their principals to comply with and help them gain administrative-law insights from court jurisprudence, Public Protector and Auditor General reports with a view to minimizing the possibility of having their decisions or those of principals they advise successfully reviewed by courts and administrative oversight bodies.
The seminar covers the following units:
- Introduction to administrative law;
- Administrative justice;
- Everyday areas of administrative action;
- Understanding common administrative law transgressions through cases;
- Leadership tips for fruitful interaction with accountability authorities;
- Review proof your administrative decisions and organizational culture.
The seminar is essential for:
- Members of the executive at national, provincial and local government;
- Senior managers in government and related organs of state, including state owned enterprises and administrative oversight and regulatory bodies;
- Lawyers in and outside government who advise or represent government.
When: 18-20 November 2019.
Where: Stellenbosch University, Stias, Marais Rd, Mostertsdrift, 7600
Download Administrative Law for State Functionaries brochure
Leave a comment: