Chief Registrar's Circular No. 7 of 2007 - National Heritage Resources Act 25 of 1999 ("the Act"). The Act, which came into operation on 1 April 2000, aims, amongst other things, to introduce an interactive system for the management of national heritage resources; to establish the South African Heritage Resources Agency; and to provide for connected matters.
Chief Registrar's Circular No.7 of 2007 deals with the impact of the Act on Deeds registration procedures under the following headings:
- Establishment of South African Heritage Resources Agency and its Council.
- Description of South African Heritage Resources Agency in deeds and documents.
- Notice relating to the protection of heritage resources.
- Withdrawal of Notice relating to the protection of heritage resources.
- Endorsement of title deeds in terms of section 9(11) and 9(13) of the Act.
- Transfer or subdivision of heritage sites.
- Abolishment of the National Monuments Council.
Leave a comment: