The Law Society of South Africa (LSSA) is currently busy with a drive across the country to establish provincial LSSA attorneys’ associations in all 9 provinces as set out in the LSSA Constitution. The aim is to encourage the existing structures to be part of the LSSA provincial structures.
In order to gain a better understanding of your needs, please put aside time to attend the establishment meetings across the country as it is a critical step in the establishment of the attorney’s associations so that the LSSA can establish a body that best represents you.
The first such meeting was held in the Eastern Cape, in East London and was attended by some 70 practitioners. It was a fruitful meeting as the LSSA got buy in from the Eastern Cape attorneys. The LSSA will be having a follow up meeting there in the first week of November.
The date of the other establishment meetings are outlined below. All meetings will be held at 16h30 unless otherwise advised.
- Limpopo - Thursday 24 October
- Bloemfontein - Friday 25 October
- Mpumalanga (Nelspruit) – Tuesday 29 October
- Northern Cape (Kimberley) – Thursday 31 October
- Western Cape (Cape Town) – Thursday 7 November
- KwaZulu- Natal (Durban) - Friday 14 November
- North West – Tuesday 19 November (Hunters Rest)
To prepare for the meeting, read the LSSA Constitution and our Value-add document. Also read the news article on the inaugural LSSA attorneys’ association establishment meeting.