Introduction to POPI webinar
With the commencement of the Protection of Personal Information (POPI) Act 4 of 2013 on 1 July 2020, all affected organisations must comply with the Act within 12 months or face hefty fines.
What is the POPI Act?
The POPI Act is concerned with the protection of personal information processed, managed and stored by public and private entities. It includes conditions to which all South African businesses must adhere to ensure an individual’s right to privacy and protection against identity fraud, as well as compliance with the law.
Is your business ready?
In order to comply with the POPI Act, you need to establish what your organisation needs to do in terms of data protection. The POPI Act places different responsibilities on each of the individuals involved in processing and handling personal information.
This introductory webinar will cover:
- Understanding the POPI Act
- The importance of data privacy
- Reasons and implications for complying with the POPI Act
- What the POPI Act means for businesses today
- What organisations need to do to comply with the latest POPI Act regulations
- Roles for organisations and individuals responsible for safeguarding personal information
Date: 21 July 2020
Time: 10:00 to 11:00
Presenter: Ahmore Burger-Smidt
Register for this free webinar and unlock a 10% discount on the LexisNexis e-store.