The results of last year's Law Firm Marketing survey which we held in November are out. The response was useful, leaving us with over 80 solidly filled out replies. Thank you to all of you who participated, we hope very much that you will find the results as interesting and illuminating as we have.
Before we turn to the analysis of the results, a quick note on the methodology we used to filter down the results, and the graphs we chose to present the most accurate picture possible.
- Responses were collected and divided into their relevant regions.
- Then sorted according to their IP Addresses (Survey Monkey, the software which we used to conduct the survey collects the IP Addresses of respondents, we can't know however who you are though) - those that were the same were highly likely to have come from the same firms, and in fact the high correlation between answers confirmed this fact. As an interesting aside, a few of the more cautious respondents read through the survey and did not answer anything, then re did it, this time answering the questions.
- A few of respondents did not respond at all apart from answering the first question, other responses were non-sensical, these too were excluded - nevertheless we had an almost 90% completion rate.
- The remaining data generated the graphs below, and are fairly self explanatory.
- There is no useful correlation between the size of the practices and the replies.
- Not every question in the survey has been used verbatim and the graphs were based on 82 replies.
1. What size is your practice?
2. Who handles the marketing for your firm?
3. How important do you believe marketing is to grow your business in an increasingly competitive environment?
4. Do you have a web presence?
5. Nature of web presence
6. If you don't have a Web presence when do you plan to develop one?
What other kinds of marketing does your firm do?
9. Gifts, radio advertisements/interviews
10. We don't do any marketing for the following reasons:
This answer is interesting since almost 90% of respondents realise the value of marketing - see question 3 above, which probably accounts for the answer below.
11. Do you plan to increase your marketing efforts in the next two years?
12. Do you use GhostMarketer?
13. "If you answered ""Yes"" to the above question, what are you using it for?