Pretoria Registrar’s Circular No. 18 of 2015
Late lodgement of deeds
The purpose of this circular is to regulate the procedure for late lodgement.
The office of the Registrar has identified a vacuum in the regulation of deeds which are lodged late. In order to regulate this process a circular is hereby issued.
- These changes relate only to late lodgement.The current lodgement times remain unchanged.
- Late lodgement is discouraged as previously agreed with the Conveyancing fraternity.
- Late lodgement will be allowed in extreme and exceptional circumstances.
- In instance where late lodgement is requested permission in writing from a Deputy Registrar must be obtained.
- Only a Conveyancer may apply for late lodgement.
- A late lodgement register with Deputy Registrar must be completed by the Conveyancer.
- A late lodgement endorsement will be endorsed on the front cover of the deed.
- Another register will be completed at Lodgement Section.
4. Commencement Date
The circular will come into operation from 1 July 2015
Pretoria Registrar's Circular No 18 of 2015
Pretoria Registrar’s Circular No. 19 of 2015
Typing of Endorsements
This circular intends to upgrade the quality of endorsements affixed to deeds by making it compulsory for all examiners to type endorsements on their computers.
Concern was raised regarding the quality of the rubber endorsements affixed to deeds by examiners in the registry. Endorsements affixed to deeds form part of the written information of that deed and the record of the deeds registry and must be legible at all time.
In the light of the fact that the registry is also in the process of converting to an electronic registration system, it is of utmost importance that the records of the registry are fully legible.
3. Typed Endorsements
It is compulsory for all the examination staff to type the endorsements to be affixed to any document registered in this office. The only exception to this rule are endorsements that have to be affixed on existing endorsements in the title (e.g. endorsements next to registered bonds already endorsed to the title or the code stamp and the fees stamp to be affixed to any deed or document).
Examiners must make sure that they have the standard endorsements available on their computer.
This circular will come into operation with immediate effect.
Leave a comment: