Among the resolutions taken on sections of the Deeds Registries Act 47 of 1937 were the following:
- Section 3(1)(v) - endorsement of deeds where a divorced or widowed woman desires to revert back to her maiden name or former surname.
- Section 14(1)(b)(iii) - parties to redistribution agreements - lack of locus standi - bringing the conveyancers attention thereto.
- Section 14(1)(b)(iv) - reservation and creation of a real right in a redistribution agreement in terms of s 67 without the need of a notarial deed.
- Section 22(1) - non applicability of this section to notarial leases.
- Section 35 - this section cannot be extended to include rights to minerals or other real rights in land.
Resolutions were also taken on regulations promulgated under the Deeds Registries Act.
In order to view and print the Conference Resolutions you must first have installed Adobe Acrobat Reader ® 5.0. If you have not, it is available free of charge from: