Starting out in the complex legal landscape of the property conveyancing sector is a daunting task for those newly qualified and looking to make an impact on the industry. Having a comprehensive understanding of the transactions involved in the process of transferring a property – whether a commercial or residential property, and estate or a sectional title or a conventional title is key to success. Industry expert and Head of LexisNexis Practical Guidance, Yoni Balkind offers the following advice to junior conveyancers and paralegals starting out in the property and conveyancing sector:
- Get to know your industry – read up in the news, search for information online, ask your superiors for support. This can also be easily achieved with a step-by-step practical online platform that provides you with access to information that is always current.
- Find a trustworthy solution that will enable you to learn and keep up to date on industry and legislative information.
Become skilled in topics such as:
- Acquiring rights in and to immovable property
- The conveyancing processes
- Certificates of title
- Mortgage bonds
- Sectional title schemes
- Transfer of sectional title units
- Management of a sectional title scheme
- Converting a share block to sectional title
- Lease agreements
- Estate Agents, Valuers, and Property Rates
Balkind says newly skilled conveyancers need a practical tool that will enable them to get off the starting blocks more effectively.
“Lexis Practical Guidance is the ultimate tool, providing users with updated, step-by-step guidance and practical aids to complete the conveyancing process,” says Balkind. “From the preliminary steps including the different types of property, a practical breakdown of the conveyancing process for each type of property though to eviction proceedings, the platform throws the textbook out of the window!”
Lexis Practical Guidance offers more than 320 guidance notes, over 230 customisable forms, precedents, checklists and other resources to ensure not a single step is missed. These include time-sharing agreements, deeds of sale for each property type, template of option to purchase property and a deed of transfer. The platform covers over 65 topic overviews and the most relevant and up-to-date legislation ensuring that users are kept current and always informed.
For more information click here
Leave a comment: