SECTIONAL TITLES, TOWNSHIP DEVELOPMENTS AND BONDS - 2 DAY WORKSHOP
Cathleen Peter-Swart - practising attorney and lecturer on the ABC of Conveyancing at LSSA LEAD Johannesburg.
About this two day workshop
The two-day interactive, practical workshop will examine various aspects of sectional titles, township establishment and bonds. Attendees will also learn about the proposed amendments to the Sectional Titles Act and how they could affect conveyancers.
Summary of programme
- The requirements for opening sectional title schemes;
- What to look for when attending to a sectional title transfer;
- How to draft and amend Management and Conduct Rules;
- The process to open a township register
- Look critically at the different components of a "typical" mortgage bond;
- Explore the difference between Continuing Covering Mortgage Bonds, Collateral Mortgage Bonds, Surety Mortgage Bonds and Kustingsbriefs;
- Consider the additional sum in a mortgage bond and understand why is it necessary;
- Look at the requirements of the National Credit Act when dealing with mortgage bonds; and
- Consider notarial bonds and understand when conveyancers deal with them.
LEAD Sectional Titles, Township Developments and Bonds Seminar - Brochure and registration details
Leave a comment: