Mark Heyink is a practising Attorney, Notary and Conveyancer with a Higher Diploma in Company Law and internationally recognized qualifications in information security. Attendees will be given an understanding of the proposed Protection of Personal Information Bill and the Promotion of Access to Information Act, their responsibilities in processing and safeguarding personal information as well as dealing with requests for access to information and compliance with relevant legislation.
The course will cover:
- Governance responsibilities for ICT governance in terms of the Companies Act and King III;
- The implications of pending Protection of Personal Information legislation;
- Access to information and dealing with requests for access to information;
- Information security processes and education;
- Presentation on some appropriate technologies to protect information.