Important note from Lexis®RatesClearance Team regarding the City of Cape Town's change of validity period of RCC’s.
The municipality has conducted system upgrades to provide for the changes mentioned in Chief Registrar’s Circular 4 of 2018. All rates clearance applications to the City of Cape Town from the evening of 28 June 2018 after 18:00 p.m. will remain in an Applied State until their systems are back online (see below). Please note that there will be a delay in the processing of applications as the queue is cleared.
- From Monday, 2 July 2018, all payment schedules and RCCs issued by the municipality will be valid for a period of 60 days only instead of the previous 120 days.
- Where payment was made on an application but the RCC was not issued, the RCC will be valid for 60 days and the surplus amount paid will be credited as part of the refund process.
- You will need to apply for an extension on applications where RCCs (valid for 120 days) were issued and the RCC’s validity has exceeded 60 days from the date of issue.
- On applications where figures (120 days) were issued but have not yet been paid, payment can be made and the credit disbursed as part of the refund process.
- If preferred, the attorney can apply for a Revision of Figures request in order to receive figures for 60 days. Please note this may result in delaying the application.