Chief Registrar's Circular No. 1/2013 - The South African National Roads Agency Limited and National Roads Act, 1998 (Act No. 7 of 1998)
Purpose of the Circular
Certain registration issues relating to the endorsement of deeds and the payment of office fees in terms of the provisions of the South African National Roads Agency Limited and the National Roads Act, 1998 (Act No. 7 of 1998) (herein after referred to as 'the Act') have not been addressed in Circular No. 1 of 2002, which Circular replaced Circular No. 1 of 1999. The said issues are explained in this Circular which replaces Circular No. 1 of 2002.
The Circular covers the following aspects:
Impact of the Act on Registration Procedures with regard to:
- The description of the Agency in deeds and documents,
- Passing to and vesting, in the Agency of assets;
- Declaration of National Roads;
- Prohibition of construction of structures on National Roads;
- Subdivision and consolidation of certain land; and
- Transfer duty, Stamp duty and Office Fees.