Chief Registrar's Circular No.9 of 2008 - New provisions relating to the issuing of Item 28(1) Certificates of which I have noted a few below:
- Chief Registrar's Circulars No 14 of 2001 and No 6 of 2008 are withdrawn and substituted with this Circular.
- The DG of the Department of Land Affairs is a competent authority to sign and issue such certificates with effect from 10 September 2008.
- A copy of the format is attached to the Circular.
- Vesting clauses must reflect the name of the relevant National / Provincial Government.
- A distinction must be drawn betweend state land and land that is being held in trust for tribes or other identifiable communities.