The purpose of the seminar is to provide insight into the Consumer Protection Bill via the following content:
- Outline of the policy framework of the CPB.
- Ambit of the CPB.
- Legislation the CPB repeals.
- Implementing the CPB.
- Fundamental consumer rights.
- Litigation - strict liability; disclaimers and exemptions; unfair contractual terms.
- Practices governing the regulation of trade/legal measurements in the protection of consumers.
- Functions of the National Consumer Protection Institutions.
- Interaction between consumer protection and competition law.