Legal Education and Development [L.E.A.D] is offering training for secretarial Conveyancing staff for legal practice - on your doorstep! L.E.A.D designed this ten-day course for the assistant who wishes to achieve greater efficiency in a legal practice or who wants to gain access to the legal profession. This course has been successfully presented for a number of years in the Pretoria region.
This course will be presented from Thursdays to Saturdays, from 21 to 23 October and 28 to 30 October 2004 [08:45 to 16:00] at the School for Legal Practice, University of KwaZulu-Natal, Durban.
- Course attendees will only derive benefit from the course if they have minimal or no experience in a legal practice. The aim of the course is to provide a practical background on the work of a conveyancing assistant. [Typing skills will not be taught.] Upon completion of the course, course attendees should be able to cope on their own to a greater extent. Since training is practice-orientated, attendees will be required to complete assignments between sessions.
- An experienced conveyancer and lecturer, Mr John Christie, J Leslie Smith & Co, will provide the training.
- A certificate of attendance will be awarded upon satisfactory completion of the course. In order to qualify for a certificate, a minimum of 65% must be obtained in the competency test.
- The language medium of the course will be determined by the number of attendees and their language preferences.
- The fee for the course is R1 350 (inclusive of VAT) and cheques should be made payable to Legal Education and Development. The fee includes English course material. Post-dated cheques will be accepted as follows: a cheque which is immediately payable, in the amount of R550, and two post-dated cheques, R400 each, payable during the following two months. The closing date for enrolment is 27 September 2004.
- If registration is cancelled before the course material has been distributed, an administration fee of R100 will be levied. Cancellation after this stage will result in the full registration fee being forfeited. Cancellation of registration must be done in writing.
Courses will only be presented if, in the discretion of L.E.A.D, a sufficient number of people enrol for a course. If L.E.A.D cancels a course, the full registration fee will be reimbursed to the relevant party.
This course was approved by the Poslec Sector Education & Training Authority as a non-credit bearing short learning programme. L.E.A.D is presently facilitating the conversion of this course into a credit bearing programme.
Enquiries Phone Annah Mahlangu or Maria Mokwape at 012-341 3091 or e-mail [email protected]