The Tables of Costs - ready reckoner has been updated to reflect the changes made to transfer duty for the transfer of property applicable from the 1st of March 2016. It consists of the following sections:
- Summary of Bond Repayment Interest Rates/Costs.
- Summary of Bond and Transfer Costs.
- Tables of Transfer costs, and
- Tables of Bond costs.
Download the 2016 March Ready Reckoner - 19 pages
Tables of Costs March 2016 Ready Reckoner (708 kb).
Only rates of Transfer Duty above R10 000 000 were changed in the 2016 Budget - (pages 18 and 19 of the Reckoner) and the Tables will be updated again to reflect the latest Deeds Office fees which come into effect on 1st of April.
The calculations in the tables are based inter alia on the following applicable legislation:
- Conveyancing: Conventional Deeds (Act 47/1937): Guideline of Fees
- Conveyancing: Sectional Titles (Act 95/1986): Guideline of Fees
- Interprovincial Apportionment Guidelines: Conventional Deeds
- Interprovincial Apportionment Guidelines: Sectional Titles
- Schedule of Deeds Office Fees 2015 and the
- Rates of Transfer Duty