Registrar’s Circular No. 3 of 2015
Application Procedure: Regulation 68(1)
With effect from 22 June 2015 the current procedure for the issuing of copies in terms of Regulation 68(1) Act 47/1937 is amended as set out hereunder.
Copies of deeds will be produced prior to the lodgment of the application for examination in accordance with the following procedure:
1.Conveyancers must complete the application form at the Information section. Indicate clearly “VA for Deed Number ..........”
2. Attach a signed copy of the affidavit in terms of Regulation 68(1).
3. Place documents in a cover with a barcode and place in the tray marked VA at the information section.
4. The new VA process commences 22 June 2015.
5. The Deeds Office will process the request as follows:
- Make a copy duly endorsed in terms of Reg 68(1) within 7 working days of receipt of the request.
- Debit the account of the conveyancing firm for an Information copy.
- Payment in cash must be made prior to the issue of the copy.
- Deliver the copy in the delivery box of the firm.
6. It is the responsibility of the conveyancer to lodge the VA application for examination and registration.
- a. The normal examination process will be followed.
- The VA copy once registered will be billed in accordance with the schedule of fees.
7. RC1/2007 and RC2/2009 are withdrawn effective 30 June 2015, which has the effect that:
- VA's can be lodged with other transactions.
- The 15 day turnaround for the processing of VA's is no longer applicable.
- Non-compliance with this circular will result in the rejection of applications as from 1 July 2015.