The Conveyancing Association (CA), the leading trade body for the conveyancing industry, has just launched its new Cyber Newsletter covering a whole host of topical cyber-related issues and providing tangible advice and support to conveyancing firms to help tackle and prevent cyber fraud.
The newsletter, put together with the support of CA affiliate members’ Howden, Bonafidee, Lawyer Checker and Legal Eye, covers off the world of cyber security, how to combat fraud, meeting regulatory standards and developing sound procedures and practices. It also looks at what might be coming over the horizon in the future and the requirements on firms to meet higher standards.
Articles covered in the Cyber Newsletter include:
- Cyber Security – who you gonna call?
- Utilising ‘selfie’ ID procedures.
- Misdirection fraud – how to prevent it?
- Ransomware – what to do if your firm is a victim of fraud.
- General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR’s) – changes required and the impact of the ‘double opt-in’.
- 4th Anti-Money Laundering Regulations – the forthcoming changes as a result of this.
- The benefits of e-signatures.
- An update on the CA’s Cyber Protocol, as part of our Cyber Safe Scheme.
The CA’s new Cyber Newsletter can be downloaded via the homepage on the ‘Featured Download’ section at: www.conveyancingassociation.org.uk