Marketing: Email and Social Media Slug It Out
SMPs: Your Challenge…..
As an SMP (small to medium sized legal practice), your challenge is to make every cent of your marketing spend count.
That boils down to choosing the marketing channels best suited to your particular needs and resources. Start off by comparing Email Marketing and Social Media – which gives you the most bang for your buck?
Email Marketing v Social Media: Who’s the Winner?
The Infographic Email v Social Media Marketing from HostPapa says it all.
In a direct “knockdown” comparison –
- Round 1 “Benefits” – Draw
- Round 2 “Growth” – Social Media wins
- Round 3 “Usage” – Email Marketing wins
- Round 4 “Reach” – Email Marketing wins
- Round 5 “Features” – Email Marketing wins
Final Tally - Email Marketing wins by a KO!
That’s not surprising if you look at these stats (find more, plus a discussion of their significance, in Email Marketing vs Social Media: Are you focusing on the wrong channel? by Aaron Beashel) –
- Email Marketing’s ROI at 4,300% is way ahead of both SEO and Social Media;
- There are 3x more email accounts than Facebook and Twitter accounts together;
- Your message is 5x more likely to be seen through email than through Facebook; and
- You are 6x more likely to get a click-through from email than from Twitter.
But: “Better Together”
Your client e-newsletter should always be your core marketing tool.
But integrate it with Social Media and you have an exciting new marketing solution that –
- Is highly effective
- Projects an image of your firm as professional, modern and client-centred
- Is accessible to even the smallest of marketing budgets
- Requires (if outsourced correctly) only minimal commitment of your resources, both in time and in funding.
Get the Best of Both Worlds!
So what do we recommend? In a nutshell: Integrate your Email Marketing and Social Media to get the best of both worlds!
- Start off with a regular, high quality electronic client newsletter.
Next implement a quality online presence. At the very least put these onto your priority list
- Social Media: a simple LinkedIn page is a basic essential here.
- A simple website, with a “News” page for your client newsletters.
- Last but certainly not least, integrate your client newsletter with all your other marketing channels using RSS feeds, icon links and the like. Ask a specialist to help you find the best ways to go about it.
Infographic: Email v Social Media Marketing Source: HostPapa
Jack Crook (LLB Lond, LLB Rhod) is the author of LawDotNews, a monthly newsletter which is personalised and e-mailed to your firm's clients compliments of your firm. DotNews also offers a suite of “Marketing and Communication Strategy” services incorporating the provision of Websites, Blogs and Social Media services, integrated with your client newsletters. Readers are welcome to contact Jack at [email protected], or visit his web site at www.dotnews.co.za for further details. © DotNews