Dear GhostConvey Customer
Welcome once again to the Johannesburg GhostConvey Club! Our aim is to provide you with useful GhostConvey related information on a monthly basis, in addition to some more light-hearted hints, recipes, jokes etc, and not forgetting our regular competitions with some fantastic prizes up for grabs.
Club membership is FREE and you can expect to have access to monthly published interesting information such as profiles of people and groups we deal with, including Banks, Mortgage Originators and Estate Agents. As a member of this exclusive user forum, we will also share with you useful tips about our products - just the kind of information you need in order to make your jobs easier.
To join, please email [email protected] and fill in the detail prompts.
If you know of other GhostConvey users in your firm who may be interested in joining this exciting free venture - feel free to pass the message on to them so they can also join the club.
Changing firm? Please also inform us via e-mail - so we can contact you in case you win a prize ;)
October 2009 competition
The question to our October competition was:
Can you add more than 1 (one) cell phone number in GhostConvey to send out multiple SMS' to you're your clients?
The answer was: Yes
Our October 2009 Johannesburg GhostConvey Club winner is Elmarie Malan from Mills & Groenewald Attorneys in Meyerton.
Can Attorney Gateway inform you via email and sms if you have any new loans or messages to import, and if Yes where and how would you set it up to do that?
Email your answers to [email protected]. All correct answers will go into our lucky draw and the winner will receive a voucher.
What's happening at our clients?
If you want to share anything about your firm or any events you are hosting, please email us at [email protected]. We will be happy to publish it on the Club.
Introducing more of our Ghostware Products
Setting up a "New Matter" Notification
In the latest version of GhostConvey (11.2.1), Korbitec have included a facility whereby you are able to trigger an email and / or SMS notifications to a person (or persons) when a new instruction or matter has been received.
To configure this feature, login as Supervisor then from within the Bonds module, select the bank that you wish to be notified for, and then click on Connect to Institution.
In the messaging screen select the Setup tab.
Click the Add Notification Parameters button to add the details of the
person who is to receive the notifications.
- Select from the list for which bank or module this notification is required.
- Add in the Cell number(s) if an SMS notification is required.
- Add email address of those persons who required email notices.
NOTE: This feature is available for ANY bank or module that uses the Korbitec
Gateway technology, including the Correspondent Conveyancing and or FNB
Homeloans. You can setup notifications for ALL the modules or only for a specific one.
GhostConvey handy hints
How to add a Title Deed and\or PA condition
- Open a Word document
- Set your font to Arial 11pt
- Type up your condition (without letting Word number for you!)
- Click Save
- In the Save In box, click on the down arrow and choose (X:)
- You should then see the next folder (GWData) in the list
- Go to your GhostConvey location
- In the GhostCon folder go to Transfer Templates.
- Go to the Conditions folder.
- Now, at the bottom of the Save screen, insert the name of your condition - e.g. Summerville Ext 3
- Now select the Document Type - Rich Text Format - below your file name.
- Open Transfers and select your transfer.
- In the properties section, click on the conditions tab and you will see the name of the document that you have just created.
- Select the relevant document by highlighting it, and then clicking on the single arrow between the two columns.
English and Afrikaans conditions can be saved in the same directory.
From the Help Desk
Zaid Dawood has been a Help Desk Consultant for 4 months. He has 7 years of help desk experience which he obtained at various companies. In his spare time he enjoys spending time with his kids as well as testing new pc software and hardware. His passion for his work and the knowledge that he brings makes him a invaluable asset to the help desk.
Meet the Johannesburg GhostConvey team
Every month you will be able to put a face to a voice you might have spoken to or a name you might have heard of. We will be posting a photo of one Johannesburg GhostConvey team member each month.
It is time to meet another GhostConvey Support Consultant, SANTJIE BOOYZEN
I have been in the legal industry for a number of years and have gained experience in various fields that contributed to my role at Korbitec of a Project Manager: New Initiatives where I will be focusing to assist in the deployment of Korbitec products.
Click here to see the staff archives to date.
Recipe of the month - Strawberry Vanilla Pancakes - 4 Servings - 8 Pancakes
Prep time 10 min
Cook time 10 min
Ready in 20 min
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Pour in the milk, oil, egg and vanilla, and mix until well blended. Stir in the strawberries.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat, and coat with butter or cooking spray. Pour batter into desired size of pancakes. Flip with a spatula when bubbles appear in the centre. Cook until golden brown on the other side.