The closing date for attorneys to register for practice management training offered by the Law Society of South Africa’s Legal Education and Development (LEAD) division this year is 17 June. The LEAD practice management course aims to equip attorneys for the management aspect of their legal business and to enhance sustained business access and leadership for practitioners. Modules cover the following topics –
- general introduction to management;
- risk management and insurance;
- law business finance;
- systems and technology;
- practice administration;
- marketing of legal services;
- human resource/people management; and
- strategic management.
Further information is available from Thandeka Msiza at tel: (012) 441 4614 or Selekane Pula at tel: (012) 441 4609 or e-mail: pmtinfo@LSSALEAD.org.za
- All attorneys who are issued with Fidelity Fund certificates for the first time after 14 August 2009 must complete a mandatory practice management course to the satisfaction of the relevant statutory provincial law society in terms of ss 8 to 10 of the Judicial Matters Second Amendment Act 55 of 2003. LEAD offers the practice management training courses in various cities and by distance education.