Mr Christo Smith is an attorney who specialises in litigation, corporate law and property related matters is the author of the Lexis Nexis publication Eviction and Rental Claims: A practical guide.
The purpose of the Seminar is to provide delegates with updates regarding the latest case law and developments in the law of eviction and rental claims.
Guidance will be provided regarding new procedures emanating from case law and legislation.
Brochure and Registration details
- Eviction - common law principles
- Impact of the Constitution
- Execution against immovable property and eviction
- Eviction in terms of the PIE Act (including residential evictions and hijacked buildings)
- Eviction following sales in execution
- Commercial property evictions
- Eviction in terms of the ESTA Act
- Eviction in terms of the Labour Tenant's Act
- Eviction and Share Blocks
- Eviction and Foreign States
- Rental claims:
* Common law remedies and defences
* Landlord's tacit hypothec
* Huur gaat voor koop
* The Rental Housing Act
* Actions against Organs of the State