Paddocks Press is a monthly free digital newsletter published to educate and update the sectional title community. The current issue (Volume 3, Issue 12) has a number of articles of interest, including:
Looking back at 2009 - Graham Paddock looks back and considers the following issues:
- When will the provisions in the Sectional Titles Amendment Bill 2009 become law?
- Are owners in arrears with levies protected by the consumer protection provisions in the National Credit Act?
- Are Managing Agents 'debt collectors' for the purposes of the Debt Collectors Act?
- Should the CSOS regulate Managing Agents?
- When will the CSOS come into operation and where will its offices be situated?
- How and when will the Department of Human Settlements make sectional title tenure more suitable for housing delivery?
Improvements vs. maintenance and repairs in sectional title schemes - Jennifer Paddock takes a thorough look at the issues surrounding and differences between maintenance and repairs in terms of the Sectional Titles Act and the prescribed management rules.
Sealants and goalies - one and the same - Rob Paddock (Rob the Builder) looks at sealants and how they work in filling joints and gaps between different building materials and form a seal that keeps air infiltration and water penetration at bay.
Roof maintenance: Keeping a lid on it - Rob Paddock (Rob the Builder) looks at the different types roofs, why they need to be maintained, and how they must be maintained.
Q & A with Jennifer Paddock - Jennifer Paddock replies to a number of questions including:
- Ownership of walled gardens
- Parking problems
- Blocked sewerage pipes