What's New in GhostConvey?
Korbitec Online Document Assembly for Standard Bank
Transfers - 'other' Transferor and Transferee 'types'. Create, and save, descriptions for Churches, Associations, Body Corporates and further 'unusual' types that will merge into the Deeds, Powers of Attorney and other relevant documents. Select the basic Affidavit format applicable to the type of the matter. Also select the transfer duty calculation rate dependant on the transferee 'type', or multiple 'types'.
The following Standard Bank of South Africa
documents are now assembled online:
Welcome Letter to Client
Agreement for disposal of immovable Property (Company/CC/Trust)*
Close Corporation Certificate
Close Corporation Minutes
Confirmation by Customer
Confirmation of Purchase Price
Notarial Bond General and Special Covering Bond
Letter of Completion
Section 44(1) Declaration
The Agreement for disposal of immovable Property
has been moved to the Special Documents Tab
and will present in the Documents for Signature
Print Task. A Party is required to be selected for this document.
Just a reminder to make sure that your firm is backing up your Ghostconvey on a daily or weekly basis!!! Always make sure you do a backup before running an update. If you need any assistance with this please contact the help desk on 0860 266 839.
Fun and Games
Port Elizabeth Branch recently had a Team Building exercise: Putt-Putt in the Office!
Click here for the bigger picture
The crowd was divided into 4 teams. Each team was responsible for a 'hole' - that meant building a section of the course with your team somewhere in the office, for everyone to play through, each team had to supply refreshments for their section, as well.
The first ever indoors Korbitec putt-putt evening was won by The Red Team!
Recipe of the month - Lemon Meringue Pie - 12 Servings
- 1 x 200 g pkt tennis biscuits
- ¼ cup (60 ml) real butter, melted
- 2 x 397 g tins of full cream sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup (125 ml) boiling water
- 1 T (15 ml) grated lemon rind
- ½ cup (125 ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 egg yolks
- pinch of salt
- 2 t (10 ml) cornflour
- 4 egg whites
- 2 t (10 ml) lemon juice
- ¼ cup (60 ml) castor sugar
- ¼ cup (60 ml) icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC. Use a non-stick spray to spray the inside of a 22 cm pie dish. Crush the biscuits or whiz them in a food processor until broken. Add the melted butter and blend very briefly until just mixed through.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared dish and spread out. Work the crumbs up the sides of the dish and flatten with the back of a tablespoon. Put in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to firm while you prepare the filling.
- Beat the condensed milk (use the boiling water to get every bit out of the tins), lemon rind, lemon juice, egg yolks and salt together until thoroughly mixed.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and pour the filling gently over the back of a spoon so as not to disturb the crumbs of the pie crust.
- Bake the pie (without the meringue for 20 minutes). To make the meringue beat the egg whites in a spotless glass or stainless steel bowl until just beginning to foam. Add the lemon juice and beat until the mixture forms stiff peaks. Add the castor sugar, a spoonful at a time, while beating hard. Sift the icing sugar over in 3 batches and also beat it in hard.
- The meringue mixture must now be stiff and shiny and be able to hold its shape. Remove the pie from the oven - sift the 2 t of cornflour over the filling (this acts as glue to hold the filling and the meringue together). Spoon the meringue over the hot filling in great big blobs - working right up and over the edge of the crust. Fluff the meringue up with a spatula and return the pie to the oven. Bake for another 25 minutes. Open the oven door 1 cm, switch off the oven and leave the pie in the oven to cool down.
- When the pie is cool transfer it to the fridge to store - this will prevent 'tears' forming on the meringue - the air in the fridge is much drier than the regular atmosphere outside.
Korbitec Loyalty programme
Have you heard about the Korbitec Loyalty Program? You can receive 10% discount on your full windeed account, not just the deeds office searches and if you do the searches from within GhostConvey you qualify for a R5 discount off each transaction you do for the month.
This definitely adds up nicely and a perfect way to save for the end of year function kitty :)
Words of Wisdom
"Love is life. All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love. Everything is, everything exists, only because I love" - Leo Tolstoy
Skin Perfection Vouchers up for grabs !
Four lucky people stand a chance of winning a voucher this month and you can choose one of the options below:-
Neck Back & Shoulder Massage or
French Manicure or
Specialized Manicure or
To enter all you have to do is answer the easy question below and email your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org
before 29 September 2009.
"Does GhostConvey allow you to perform Windeed searches from within the program?"
Registration to our club is free. If you have not yet joined, please click on the following prompt Port Elizabeth GhostConvey Club
, fill in your details and send.