Hosted by the Property Registration Authority of Ireland, the conference promises to provide an insight into the many ground-breaking projects and developments regarding land registration and administration around the world. Many areas such as organisational development, law reform, information systems and online delivery of services are affected by these projects and developments.
Subjects for discussion will include:
- The evolving role of land information in an e-society.
- Next steps for organisations, including emerging business opportunities.
- Integrated delivery of land-related services - exploring the potential for the virtual or actual amalgamation of agencies providing for land registration and cadastral services.
- Experiences to date and future direction of e-registration and e-conveyancing:
- The challenges and timescales for delivering an "end-to-end" electronic solution.
- What level of investment has been made or is required.
- How legal reform and technological innovation can be best co-ordinated.
- The impact on the relationship between the organisation and its consumers, both specialist and general public.
- How will a State Guarantee operate in the e-conveyancing environment?
- The role (if any) of Title Insurance internationally.
- Preventing fraud; concerns raised and initiatives implemented.