Dear GhostConvey club member
The NCA is well and truly upon us, hopefully the dust will start to settle soon and so will the updates. We share your frustration with the increase in updates over the past 2 months. This is the result of the teething process we endure as the financial institutions adapt to their changing requirements.
From the Help Desk
Kurt has been with the Help Desk for more than two years. Starting out in sales, Kurt moved to Korbitec and was originally employed as a Help Desk Tier 1 Operator. Through hard work and dedication Kurt was promoted at the beginning of 2007 to a Help Desk Tier 2 Consultant. His technical abilities have made him a firm favourite amongst our WinDeed clients especially.
The Help Desk has always taken pride in providing outstanding customer service, however with an increase of 42% in call volumes in the last 2 months our service has created some customer frustration and for this we sincerely apologise. NCA queries are starting to settle down, we are addressing all concerns raised and have employed additional staff who are undergoing daily training to assist with the increase in calls.
In closing the help desk would like to say a very big "thank you" for the patience and understanding shown and hope to have service levels up at their normal levels soon.
for FNB has taken off and customers are already signing up. There are many advantages to the new Gateway:
- The buck stops here!
Single point of contact - Korbitec will assume the responsibility for both your conveyancing software and electronic instruction provider. One stop Helpdesk and branch support.
- Error-handling at source. This implies that attorney users will get error messages in GhostConvey and bank users in the bank systems for invalid data, actions and messages. This will reduce the time and cost to understand and correct errors due to rejections external to the user interface.
- Faster turn-around. Messages are downloaded in less than two minutes, no third party website. You have the ability to automate imports and exports.
- Built-in Sequencing - ensures that no messages are sent out of sequence. ATP can only be downloaded if all the bank specifications are met, ensuring efficient payouts.
- Our security solution is built into GhostConvey and frees the user from processes and cost to manage external certificates. AG provides proof of message delivery.
- The transition is seamless. No additional installation or training is required and there is o disruption to existing business. Bank consultant uses same interface.
Communication to non-AG banks is unaffected
- Comprehensive reporting capabilities from within GhostConvey.
- Cost Saving - credits are passed for all NTU's, Cancelled and withdrawn matters. No Monthly Charge - the cost is R 68.50 excl VAT per instruction.
- Less Administration - you will receive an itemised bill from Korbitec and have the ability to produce a recon report from within GhostConvey.
The contact details for Attorney Gateway are:
Thea van Wyk on 021 658 9715, alternatively 082 377 37 24, or email her at email@example.com
should you require any further information.
Notification was sent out at the end of June regarding the price increase effective from the 1st of August. Please ensure that you edit your statement details to cater for the price increase as per the notes contained in Editing the transactional billing support fee in the GhostConvey Accounts
WinDeed Off-line search facility in latest update
As you know, when you make a property, person or document enquiry with WinDeed, your search is made directly against the Deeds Office's database. Although this facility is highly reliable, there are occasions when the Deeds Office service is disrupted and searching is not possible. Should you encounter this situation while you are searching, you will be advised that the Deeds Office is not available and offered some alternatives:
WinDeed Off-line facility
We have built a highly comprehensive and accurate database of South African property ownership information. You may make your search against this database and get the results back in very much the same format that you are used to. However, it cannot be stressed enough that this is NOT a 'LIVE' Deeds Office search - it is a search against WinDeed's alternative database. If you don't find the information that you're looking for, you may still want to make your search against the Deeds Office when its server comes back on-line.
Searches made against WinDeed's Off-line database are charged at the same rate as on-line Deeds Office searches.
Please note the following Deeds Office searches are not available
in Off-line search mode:
Notify me when the Deeds Office is available again
- Document Copy requests
- Deeds Office detailed cost requests
- Interdict/Sequestration searches
- Web site Deeds Office access (via "Search Now" link)
If it is essential that your information comes from the Deeds Office - and ONLY from the Deeds Office - we can understand this. We'll let you know as soon as the Deeds Office comes back on-line by one of two methods. We can send you either an e-mail message or an SMS to your cell phone (SMS messages are charged at a nominal rate - please refer to the WinDeed Price List).
Korbitec has recently completed the development of a Legal Accounting and Practice Management System. The system incorporates all functionality necessary to run a legal practice including the ability for GhostPractice to integrate with GhostConvey which reduces the requirement to manually recapture conveyancing data into your financial applications. Other functionality built in the software includes the following:
- Trust and Business Accounting
- Billing and Productivity Management
- Legal Process Management
- Document Production and Management
- Financial and Analytical reporting
To learn more about GhostPractice please visit the website at http://www.ghostpractice.co.za
or if you would like a demonstration please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Korbitec offers a wide range of training events at our offices at M5 Park. All our sessions take an in-depth look into the many aspects of Conveyancing and how they are addressed in our applications including GhostConvey and WebConvey.
Attendees are exposed to the many productivity enhancing features of our applications including the recently released Development's Module which allows GhostConvey users to better their firm's processes when opening Sectional Title Registers and Townships and the sharing of the information to the resulting Bonds and Transfers.
Should you wish to attend any of our training sessions please don't hesitate to email email@example.com
and we will confirm the time and date of your session. Specialised workshops are also available covering amongst other things the GhostConvey Diary and Electronic rates clearances.
GhostConvey Training Courses
GhostConvey System Administrator
Institution Electronic Link
Transfer - Proforma & Final Account
Book your seat early to avoid disappointment.
Recipe of the month - Delicious Grated Potato Bake
Grate potatoes and season with cheese, bacon and herbs to make this great-tasting potato bake.
Serves 4 to 6 | Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 55 mins
- 1 sachet Knorr Cheese & Bacon Potato Bake
- 5 ml dried mixed herbs
- 50 ml margarine
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 5 potatoes, peeled and grated
- 250 ml breadcrumbs
- 450 ml milk
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Mix the sachet contents with a little milk to make a paste and stir in the remaining milk.
- Pour this mixture into a pot with the margarine, salt and pepper and heat until the butter melts.
- Place the grated potatoes in a 30 x 20 cm ovenproof dish, sprinkle with herbs and pour the milk mixture over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and bake for 45-55 min until the potatoes are cooked and the breadcrumbs are golden.