Pretoria Registrar’s Circular No 21 of 2015
To regulate the procedure regarding the lodgement of RDP Housing transactions for statistical reasons.
Targets set for turnaround times in respect RDP transaction require the need for statistics regarding RDP housing registration.
3. Definition of a RDP transaction
- Conversion of a Leasehold to a Freehold (Act 61/1952)
- Black Communities Development Act 4/1984
- Section 2(2)(b),7(7)(b) and section 2009) of Act 112/1991
- Shortened Registration procedures of Land Amendment Act (House of Representatives) 76 of 1993
- Restitution of Land Rights — Act 22 of 1994
- Registration and transfers of leaseholds.
RDP deeds should be clearly marked in bold red letters on the front cover as follows.
The lodgement section will sort and bind the deeds in a separate pack. The amount of the RDP deeds will be indicated on the lodgement spreadsheet which is reported to all sections. The same amount will be indicated in the report on the operational plan for accurate statistics.
5. Date of effect
This circular will be effective from date of issue - 13 July 2015.